Here are some random thoughts about Week 3 in the NFL…
- Not sure what’s more disappointing to Bengals fans: Losing to the Packers 27-24 in overtime in a game that they should have won or the fact that Marvin Lewis wasted the first two weeks of the season by not naming Bill Lazor the team’s offensive coordinator at the beginning of the year.
- Before everyone starts jumping on the Los Angeles Rams bandwagon because they lead the NFC West, just remember their two wins are against the Indianapolis Colts and the San Francisco 49ers.
- Something is either physically or psychologically wrong with Carolina quarterback Cam Newton. He hasn’t been the same since he was beat up by Denver in Super Bowl 50.
- In a manner of three weeks, Tony Romo has become the best game analyst on television.
- In a manner of two weeks, Jay Cutler now wishes he was the second best game analyst on television.
- For those of you who forecasted the demise of Tom Brady after his opening night loss to Kansas City, you may now chug your ice, cold glass of Shut the Hell Up.
- If the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are going to compete for a playoff spot, then they must immediately establish a running game to take the pressure off quarterback Jameis Winston. Doug Martin can’t return from suspension soon enough.
- In all honesty, the Seattle Seahawks offense hasn’t been the same since their inexplicable pass play call and ensuing interception at the goal line against New England in Super Bowl 49.
- Baltimore is only kidding themselves if they think quarterback Joe Flacco can turn things around sooner rather than later. He isn’t anywhere near 100% healthy and he has no weapons he can rely on to bail out himself or the Ravens offense.
- The only way anyone can stop the Atlanta Falcons offense is if the game is played on natural grass.
- Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins made himself a lot of money Sunday night with his performance on national television against the Oakland Raiders.