Some random thoughts and observations after two weeks of college football….
- Either college football coaches have figured out how to defend Urban Meyer’s offensive scheme or the problem at Ohio State is J.T. Barrett.
- At this rate, Baker Mayfield will win the Heisman Trophy this year on the same day he receives his first Social Security check.
- After watching his defense stifle Arkansas on the road, TCU head coach Gary Patterson has fixed what has ailed them the last two seasons and that is bad news for the rest of the Big 12.
- Washington State head coach Mike Leach may be a few fries short of a Happy Meal but he knows how to get the most out of his players.
- After watching Auburn’s performance against Clemson, it is hard to believe they were just in the national championship game in 2013.
- It’s nothing personal, but every time I see the Clemson team come running down onto the field prior to a home game, I secretly hope several players trip up and stumble helplessly down that giant hill at Memorial Stadium.
- Looking at their remaining schedule, it is entirely possible Baylor won’t win a game this season, which if it happens, will result in a season ending final score of Karma 1, Baylor 0.
- God bless P.J. Fleck but this whole Row the Boat thing is starting to get old real fast.
- Wonder how often Louisiana Tech practiced their 3rd down and 93 yards to go offense prior to their game against Mississippi State.
- There is nothing more enjoyable than watching Notre Dame’s Brian Kelly suffer through another excruciating and devastating loss.